Monday 19 September 2011

My first Talent!

Art in the cast roti canai bread is my first knowledge in my career as a chef. It began in 1990, I was excited to see this dealer, whose name I remember to this day. He named his business, Pak Din Popia! (Curiously, he does not even deal popiah!)

Almost every weekend, early morning after dawn, I walked into his shop. The distance between the shop and my house is not too far. Only one block away only!

Ok, let's talk, how do I get the first recipe in my life. After almost a year, I sit down and eat at his shop, then I dare to speak to Pak Din, I asked him, how to make roti canai dough? Wahhh! It's suprise! I do not think he generously proceeded to explain to me one by one on how to make roti canai dough! (At that time the customers have already reduced coincidence) I feel very lucky hehehe!

He also told me, to make roti canai dough which is not as difficult, but want to learn how to cast a roti canai is truly difficult! Not a day or two just to learn is able to cast! But need to practice almost every day! Beginning on that day, I began my mission to learn to cast a roti canai! But not every day, almost every week, if you have more pocket money, I will buy materials to make roti canai dough!

Unfortunately, after trying several times I can make the dough only as roti canai! hehehe.But I remain proud to have and to keep the recipe I was working at the hotel. I keepquite a while the desire to cast a good command of roti canai. Almost 10 years!hahahah.

After being taught by the so-called chefs, I took about 6 months to thoroughly versed in the abilities of this cast a roti canai. Almost every day at work, after the expiry of the work was directed by the chef.  

Quickly I will offer myself to cast a roti canai at the buffetcounter. I practiced until I could fly and raise the roti canai me as a little show to be enjoyed by customers.

Now, today, I was already skilled in making roti canai! Thanks to Pak Din Popia and the Chef was kind enough to teach me from beginning to end! I will never forget them forever!


p/s: I'm doing a free lesson and some (still...hehehe) consulting about how to prepare a food in your limited time and for pretty sure Roti Canai recipe also. Just email me ok!:-). Please give your details then list down your prob... and follow this blog before ask anything ( I only attended who join this site only ...hehehe. thanks... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment